The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Enterprise Guidewire Team - Agile Product Owner
Posted on Jun 23 Hartford, CT 304 views
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
$88,400.00 - $145,900.00
What Is the Opportunity?
Travelers is seeking a Agile Product Owner to help establish and lead an Enterprise practice supporting Travelers enablement of Guidewire Policy Center. This individual is expected to serve as a Guidewire SME (Guidewire certification preferred), providing dedicated support to LOBs to ensure we are maximizing platform value and implementing common solutions to common programs. In this position, you will focus on achievement of defined outcomes versus defining how the work is completed.
What Will You Do?
- Define, prioritize and ensure a ready backlog of work, accept final product output, focusing on achievement of defined outcomes versus defining how the work is completed.
- Effectively manage a backlog of deliverables and capabilities as well as 'test and learn'/experimentation targeted at defining/refining future deliverables, measuring performance and adjusting the overall roadmap of deliverables as needed.
- Ensure enterprise Guidewire conformance, roadmap and investment visibility
- Provide business consulting services to segments
- Champion common enterprise capabilities across all Guidewire instances
- Facilitate effective Guidewire engagement and relationship management
- Understand and implement team goals and strategy, ensuring alignment with LOBs and Enterprise vision; Articulate team goals and strategy effectively to key stakeholders..
- Act as voice of the end-user; have a deep understanding of and respond to customer feedback ensuring needs and requirements are clearly defined; ensure team work product meets defined acceptance criteria.
- Own team backlog, including prioritization and refinement; Make trade-off decisions to maximize value.
- Optimize the flow of value by setting objectives and key performance indicators (KPIs) for solutions.
- Inform and participate in business readiness; understand the impact of change, implement the approach to manage adoption and mitigate resistance.
- Provide feedback on work-in-progress, clarify requirements and contribute to removing roadblocks or impediments; Look for opportunities for continuous team and process improvement.
- Share best practices across teams to ensure alignment and consistency in ways of working within a value stream.
- Foster an innovative, inclusive and diverse team environment, promoting positive team culture, encouraging collaboration and self-organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two years of experience in Agile product management preferred.
- Agile Mindset: Embody Agile core values of openness, courage, respect, focus, and commitment. Infuse Agile principles, practices and methodologies to achieve team success.
- Product Mindset: Focus on defining a product value proposition that aligns with and supports the circle/value stream objectives and which is the north star for the team
- Influence: Ability to influence behaviors of leaders and without traditional hierarchy.
- Servant Leadership: Foster an environment where individuals thrive as empowered and equal members of a team.
- Communication: Ability to communicate thoughts, concepts, practices effectively at all levels, adjusting as needed to a target audience
- Collaboration: Expertise working with others in a cross-functional multi-team environment.
- Continuous Improvement: Demonstrate a commitment to continually improve, share learning with others and encourage team development.
What is a Must Have?
- Two years of work experience in related field required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members – including spouses, domestic partners, and children – are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you’re eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.